On Thursday 12 January 2012 08:28:56 Pierre Girard wrote:
> I have a relocated file in place and once in a while I have to
> add new addresses to it. When I do I send an email to confirm
> that everything is working correctly, just to be sure. Is there
> a way to do that check without actually sending en email?

Not really, but postmap(1) has a -q option for testing your lookups.
It's only going to test a literal lookup; it will not do multiple
lookups as relocated(5) and other Postfix mechanisms do.

# postmap -q us...@example.com hash:/path/to/your/relocated_maps
us...@example.net

> and both are on the same server and delivered to the same mailbox
> which means the recipient will receive the test message if there's
> something not correctly configured and I would prefer to avoid
> that if possible.
>
> Another unrelated question, I looked at the mailing list archives
> and 2011 seems to be missing.
> http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/postfix/

Must not have been a memorable year. ;)