Top-posting fixed, please do not top-post your replies on this list.
Thanks.

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 08:16:22AM +0100, Hervé Hénoch wrote:
> Le 18/01/2012 19:30, /dev/rob0 a écrit :
> >On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 10:59:46AM +0100, Hervé Hénoch wrote:
> >>In  main.cf  :
> >>
> >>home_mailbox = Maildir/
> >>virtual_mailbox_base = /mnt/vmail
> >>virtual_mailbox_domains = ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap-domains.cf
> >>virtual_mailbox_maps = ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap-accounts.cf
> >>virtual_alias_maps = ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap-aliases.cf
> >>
> >>In ldap-accounts.cf :
> >>query_filter =
> >>(&(objectClass=IscMailAccount)(mail=%s)(mailAccountActive=TRUE))
> >>result_attribute = mailbox
> >>
> >>So the drop directory for a user is the attribute mailbox prepended
> >>with "/mnt/vmail". I have putted for a user :
> >>
> >>mailbox = /opt/test
> >>
> >>But the mails always drop in /mnt/vmail/<domain>/<user without
> >>domain>  and not in /opt/test.

me:
> >You need to read and understand what virtual_mailbox_base is. It is
> >an absolute limit for where virtual(8) can deliver mail. You can
> >break that limit only if you hand off delivery to another delivery
> >agent without the limit.
> >
> >http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#virtual_mailbox_base
> >http://www.postfix.org/virtual.8.html

Hervé:
> Thank you for your response. I've understood for the absolute
> limit. But can you explain me what follows ?
>
> virtual_mailbox_base = /mnt/vmail --> this is ok so all my
> mailboxes directory will be under this directory.
>
> But why for a user who has the following mail
> "firstname.n...@isc84.org" the directory is
> /mnt/vmail/isc84.org/firstname.name
>
> even if I have setted the field mailbox to "test/toto". I expected
> to have /mnt/vmail/test/toto (under the absolute limit).

Okay, it seems I misunderstood what you were originally asking. The
answer to that question lies in your virtual_mailbox_maps query. If

postmap -q firstname.n...@isc84.org ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap-accounts.cf

returns "isc84.org/firstname.name/" (with or without the trailing
slash depending on mbox/maildir choice), perhaps you hardcoded a
"result_format = %d/%u/" in /etc/postfix/ldap-accounts.cf .

http://www.postfix.org/LDAP_README.html
http://www.postfix.org/ldap_table.5.html