On 1/27/2012 12:40 PM, Eric Chandler wrote:
> Hello,
>

> We have a QA department that loves to send out email blasts that
> kill our Exchange servers for periods of time, and once in a while,
> will accidentally email a customer or 10,000 with a test message
> because they forgot to scrub their test database clones prior to
> running their test. Because of this, I want to set up a server to
> basically answer for absolutely any email sent to it and create a
> maildir mailbox in a humungous filesystem. I would also plan in
> writing a cron to delete all emails older than a week, and allow
> users to imap in and grab what they want to see.  Currently, I have
> a QA system to handle some generic mailboxes used by dev/qa, but I
> would like to try and expand this postfix installation to just
> accept all mail indiscriminately. Can this be done?

An easy "capture everything" alias would look like:

# main.cf
virtual_alias_maps = pcre:/etc/postfix/virtual_all.pcre

# virtual_all.pcre
/^/  someuser@somehost

where someuser is a valid user on the domain somehost.

somehost could be localhost.localdomain (also listed in
mydestination), or some other destination.

Search the mail list archives for further examples.

  -- Noel Jones