Hi everyone,
I'm managing to migrate several mail servers from qmail+vpopmail to
postfix+dovecot+mysql.
I've got the system up and running with virtual users on mysql but I've a
problem with aliases.
With qmail it was possible to create a mailbox and setup a forward to all
incoming emails for this mailbox to one or more mailboxes.  I know I can
use aliases but I need to let the "alias" address authenticate on postfix
in order to send emails.
It was also possibile with qmail to create a mailbox and setup a
store&forward policy: all messages were kept in the original mailbox and a
copy was forwarded to one or more mailboxes; again I had in that case 2
"real" mailboxes that I can use for smtp authentication.  Of course I'm
able now to create 2 real mailbox (foo@ and bar@) and an alias (foobar@)
that "forward" the email to the 2 real mailboxes.
Of course I'm not comparing the 2 softwares and I know it would be better
to use the "postfix way" the I have to make the migration transparent so I
cannot ask to the users to change settings and for the old mailboxes I need
to replicate the same functions.  For the new one no problem at all, I'll
use the standard postfix mailbox and alias when needed.
I really hope there's a way for me to replicate those policies I was able
to use with qmail in order to go ahead with the migration and make all our
users use postfix.
Thanks for your help (I hope I was clear enough in my question)
Alex