Thanks a ton for the reply.

I have compared the working version(2.4.6) box vs this one 2.8.7 here are the
results.

1. postfix-script files exist at same locations.

[root@box-1 /]# find / -name postfix-script
/etc/postfix.one/postfix-script
/etc/postfix.two/postfix-script

[root@box-2 /]# find / -name postfix-script
/etc/postfix.one/postfix-script
/etc/postfix.two/postfix-script

2. Doing this as root so i think its safe to conclude this may not be a
permissions issue, am i ok ???

3. SELINUX is disabled.

4. Verified the postfix-script file first line, it is #!/bin/sh.

5. Verified for "whereis postfix", does this makes any difference ?

Box1
[root@box-1 ~]# whereis postfix
postfix: /usr/sbin/postfix /usr/sbin/postfix.one /usr/sbin/postfix.two
/etc/postfix /etc/postfix.one /etc/postfix.two /usr/libexec/postfix

Box2

[root@box-2 /]# whereis postfix
postfix: /usr/sbin/postfix.two /usr/sbin/postfix /usr/sbin/postfix.one
/etc/postfix.two /etc/postfix /etc/postfix.one /usr/libexec/postfix

Thanks,
Kumar