Am 25.02.2012 13:15, schrieb Ralf Hildebrandt:
> * Eddy Ilg <m...@eddy-ilg.net>:
>> Dear Postfix Group,
>>

>> we have the problem that some Microsoft applications supply an empty
>> sender.
>
> That's perfectly normal.
>
>> Given that the client is SMTP authenticated we would like to allow
>> empty senders (mail from: <>).
>>
>> Here are our restrictions:
>>
>> smtpd_sender_restrictions =
>>         #check_sender_access mysql:...,
>>         check_client_access hash:...,
>>         check_recipient_access hash:...,
>>         check_sender_access mysql:...,
>>         permit_mynetworks,
>>         reject
>>
>> smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
>>         #check_sender_access mysql:...,
>>         check_client_access hash:...,
>>         check_recipient_access hash:...,
>>         reject_non_fqdn_recipient,
>>         permit_mynetworks,
>>         check_client_access hash:...,
>>         permit_sasl_authenticated,
>>         reject
>>

>> As you can see there are some mysql queries. The query that was
>> commented out returned "PERMIT" for empty senders, but still Postfix
>> rejected when using those rules.
>
> You forgot to mention the exact log message.

http://www.postfix.org/access.5.html

Note:  lookup  of  the null sender address is not possible
       with some types of lookup table. By default, Postfix  uses
       <>  as  the  lookup  key  for such addresses. The value is
       specified with the smtpd_null_access_lookup_key  parameter
       in the Postfix main.cf file.

have you tried using

<> ....

in some access table