On 2012-02-28 santosh malavade wrote:
> In my mail server, i have enabled sender access using the following
> parameter.
>
> smtpd_recipient_restrictions = check_sender_access
> hash:/etc/postfix/sender_access, check_recipient_access
> hash:/etc/postfix/sender_access reject
>
> This was rejecting the mail with the 554 Recipient address rejected:
> Access denied

That's because you added an explicit "reject" at the end of
smtpd_recipient_restrictions. Remove it and the problem will go away.

> Now, I have enabled null sender using <> in file
> /etc/postfix/sender_access, based on the information available in
> http://www.postfix.org/access.5.html   ( refer Note: in section EMAIL
> ADDRESS PATTERNS )

That is unnecessary. Postfix' default configuration is safe. The default
implicit "permit" in smtpd_recipient_restrictions does not make your
server an open relay. It just means that it will accept mail for its
$mydestination domains.

> Now, my concern is my mail server should not be an OPEN RELAY.
>
> I tried checking it on http://www.checkor.com/   Although, the results
> are negative, the site has the following disclaimer.
>
> * We do our best to check to see if you mailserver is an open relay.
> Even if your mail server tests negative on this site, it may still not
> be 100% secure
>
> Pls. suggest.

Please post the output of "postconf -n".

Regards
Ansgar Wiechers
--Joel Spolsky