On 3/8/2012 12:43 PM, Leslie León Sinclair wrote:
> A childhood friend of mine have this problem:
>
> He can send mails to his mailing list server only with RoundCube,
> but with another Client[Squirrelmail, Thunderbird, ClawsMail or
> Micro$oft Outlook doesn´t], and I don´t know what´s happening. I
> post below his main.cf. Mailman if configured and working, when you
> send a mail to a list, postfix give a user "unknown error"[the user
> of the list], but with RoundCube works as a sunshine. So I don´t
> know what might be happening there.
>
> I hope you can help me because the issue is tricky to me too.

How to ask for help:

In particular, we need to see "postconf -n" output and postfix logs
of one good session, and postfix logs of one failed session.

> <main.cf>
> masquerade_domain =
> proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf
> relay_domain =
> proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf

the above two settings are probably a mistake.  What is the intent
of these?

> smtpd_recipient_restrictions    = permit_mynetworks,
> permit_auth_destination, permit_sasl_authenticated,
> permit_mx_backup, reject_unauth_destination, reject_unlisted_recipient

This is wrong.  Don't use permit_auth_destination in this context,
and do not use permit_mx_backup.

> smtp_mx_address_limit = 0

This should be set at the default 5 or another fairly low number to
protect against destinations with hundreds of MX hosts.

> smtpd_recipient_limit = 25

Be aware that setting the recipient limit low will increase load on
your server.

> #mydestination = [He tried a lot of values here, but right now is
> empty, and still strange the behavior]

Note there is a difference between empty and commented out.
Commented out uses the default value of "$myhostname,
localhost.$mydomain, localhost"
http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#mydestination

> show_user_unknown_table_name = no

This makes debugging harder.  Set to "yes" until everything is working.

> local_recipient_maps =  $alias_maps, $virtual_mailbox_maps,
> proxy:unix:passwd.byname

virtual_mailbox_maps should never be included in local recipients.

  -- Noel Jones