Hi List,

I would like to setup a LoadShared Failover internal mail-relay solution
(only for sending mail internal->external).

My thoughts:
- Setup virtual+physical server in same VLAN (different physical locations)
with same OS+Postfix+config
- Configure DNS RoundRobin
- Have logging from both servers pointing to same NFS-dir and have awstats
create statistics from there
Internal traffic:
- Requests would all be received on RoundRobin_IP, and therefore LoadShared
between the servers
- Answers would all be send through Server_IP
External traffic:
- All traffic is done through Server_IP

1. Are the clients ok with answers coming from different IP than send-to
... or how do I prevent this from disrupting client<->server communication
- some PostFix/other magic ?)

2. What happens if one of my servers dies. Will RoundRobin still try to
send traffic to it, and if so how will clients react on this ?

3. Would Bonding be a better solution for my purpose ?

4. Is there already a RHEL6 howto somewhere, that you can recommend ?

5. What is best practice ?

Thanks in advance :-) !
~maymann