On 2012-03-19 11:01 AM, /dev/rob0 <r...@gmx.co.uk> wrote:
On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 09:20:13AM -0400, Charles Marcus wrote:
One question/confirmation though (reading
http://www.postfix.org/access.5.html does not seem to answer
this, but I may be missing that too) - does an OK here skip
further checks in the entire restriction class, or just for
that one map check?

"OK" is one of many possible final results.

Understood, that questions was more about

When that is reached for any lookup, the stage ends.

Assuming that when you say 'stage', you mean that particular smtpd_mumble_restrictions section (or stage, or class), that's what I thought... thanks...

That is precisely what they do, I can see it in the logs. When we
were using webroot, outbound messages were accepted immediately. Now,
there is a delay of many seconds, sometimes a lot (15,20,30 seconds)
between when the message is submitted to postini and when they accept
it for delivery.

Fine (FSVO fine), but I still don't see why they'd reinject back to
you. They keep you on the line during their outbound attempt. If that
attempt fails, they report that to your smtp(8), and YOU keep it in
your queue. If it's a softfail, same thing, they report that to you.

Good point... amazing, these are supposedly google engineers...

And I begin to suspect that this "senior engineer" does not know what
he is doing! :)

Or he is just working within the confines/limitations of the existing system (I try to give people the benefit of the doubt in cases like this)...

In theory I agree with you, but that is precisely how mumble_bcc maps
work, right?

I would keep those within my control. I bet you do, too.

Normally I would absolutely agree with you, but we needed something quick-n-dirty so we set it up using a gmail account. We have only had to do this once, and it probably won't be for much longer, so just to satisfy this immediate requirement I'm just archiving them to a local address...

Thanks again for helping me get this working right!

--

Best regards,

Charles