Am 08.04.2012 13:01, schrieb Jon Miller:
> If u do not mind letting me know what I did wrong so I can fix it, I would
> appreciate it.
> Like to have the correct format in replying to this group.

you could start with NOT write html messages and NOT
top post like it was told you several times and you
did both again in this reply

>> > */etc/hosts*
>> > 127.0.0.1 mail.mmtnetworks.com.au mmtlnx
>>
>> add "localhost" to the above line

you did not read this?
did you?

wonder that you machine works at all after removing
the mapping "127.0.0.1 localhost" from /etc/hosts
because there are many network things rely on
resolving localhost

this was the hughe mistake resulting in
"localhost: No address associated with hostname"