On 12-04-13 11:31 AM, Reindl Harald wrote:

Am 13.04.2012 20:24, schrieb J Gao:
Hello,

We have a Postfix mail server (CentOS 5.7, Postfix, Courier, Virtual Domain,
MailScanner) and I want setup the
autoresponder for Postifx.

I followed the instruction on
http://nefaria.com/project_index/autoresponse/

Now, the autoresponse works in command line mode. I can
add/delete/enable/disable autoresponse.

But it failed to let user to create their own autoresponse messege via email.
When I send an email to
user+autorespo...@domain.tld, the mail just drop in inbox and no autoresponse
setup.

I looked the maillog and I found that the filter override seems not working.
The mail doesn't handle over to the
"autoresponder", it always goes to "relay=virtual"
i do not think it is a godd idea these days take the sender-address as
authentication for set a responder - if you can not 100% prevent a
forged email one will set a responder this way followed by a list
of forged senders to get the repsonse

this is a really bad idea

normally such things are done via protected web-interfaces with
a real login and working on the MDA side (dbmail as example
has a simple "autoreply" sql table for which a webinterface
authenticationg against the user-table is written in a few
hours

Our mail server use SASL authentication against all SMTP relay. And this server is in production so any major changes are not that easy, at least for me.

Jian