On 4/20/2012 7:32 AM, Amira Othman wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I am working on a project that sends mail through postfix, the user that
> will be sending mail shouldn't receive notification mail for every bounce or
> problem happen while sending mail, it's because I have user1@mydomain
> (postfix user) and user2@whatever(user not on my mail server) the latter
> user is original sender that always receive notification which I don't want
> to . I searched about disabling notification mails but I found that it's not
> a good solution so I am thinking of redirect notification message to account
> I have not to the user but I can't do that because the sender of
> notification is null so I need it to be user@domain and then redirect this
> to another account as I need.
>
> Regards

When you generate the original outgoing mail, set the envelope
sender address to the address where errors and bounces will be
delivered.

You can still use the user2@whatever as the From: header address,
that's the address the recipient will see when they read the message.

Doing this any other way -- such as attempting to rewrite <> or
disabling bounces -- is broken by design.

  -- Noel Jones