Sam Jones:
> Now, if I manually strip the line endings \r\n and replace them a plain
> newline \n, it works perfectly suggesting something strips the line
> endings if the are \r\n after it has been signed.

This happens when you use an old Postfix version AND have MIXED
line endings (some lines end in <LF>, other lines end in <CR><LF>).

Two solutions:

A) Use consistent line endings: ALL lines end in <LF>, or ALL lines
end in <CR><LF>.

B) Upgrade to a Postfix 2.9 or later that strips <CR><LF> regardless.
as described in the manpage entry below.

        Wietse

sendmail_fix_line_endings (default: always)
       Controls  how  the Postfix sendmail command converts email message line
       endings from <CR><LF> into UNIX format (<LF>).

       always Always convert message lines ending in <CR><LF>. This setting is
              the default with Postfix 2.9 and later.

       strict Convert message lines ending in <CR><LF> only if the first input
              line ends in <CR><LF>. This setting is backwards-compatible with
              Postfix 2.8 and earlier.

       never  Never  convert  message  lines  ending in <CR><LF>. This setting
              exists for completeness only.

       This feature is available in Postfix 2.9 and later.