On Apr 30, 2012, at 18:02, Amira Othman wrote:

> I changes return path from application but it's now writing in log that mail
> from is the same mail for return path which is not correct in my case. How
> can I separate return path and mail from to be different

If the application sets both to the same value, you may be able to use the
'sender_canonical_maps' feature to rewrite the envelope sender to an address
that is local;

http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#sender_canonical_maps

However, if the user of the application that sends the e-mail has control over
the 'From:' address, they may reset it to a value that your workaround does not
account for. So the preferred solution is to resolve this problem in the
application itself, or at the next 'layer' within your application stack.

For example, if the application uses PHP, you can force an envelope sender like
this;

sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail.postfix -t -i -r
bounce.addr...@server.domain.tld

Where 'server.domain.tld' is your local server, and 'bounce.address' is a
working, local account on that server.

The application may still specify its own header values, but it will not be
able to override the envelope sender, and bounces return to you.

Cya,
Jona