On 5/18/2012 1:06 PM, Chris wrote:
> Hi Noel,
>
> The email from gmail.com in my example log comes in on port 25 - the
> 1st line in master.cf. If I leave the "-o
> content_filter=lmtp:unix:/tmp/dspam.sock" in instead of removing it,
> then authenticating users who choose to use port 25 in their email
> clients will also go through dspam as well as non-authenticating
> users. That is why I need to have this:

[Please don't top post. Thanks.]

OK, you didn't mention that you have users that MUST use port 25.

Typically mail submission and incoming mail are separated so that
you can easily apply proper policy to each function.  You should
seriously consider getting authenticated users off of port 25, but
that's another discussion.

> caught by the check_client_access line at the end, which puts them
> through dspam, but _unfortunately_ before queue.

dspam is not running before queue, get that idea out of  your head.
 As for why mail is going through dspam when you don't intend, you
have a configuration error.  To get help finding the error, please see:

In particular, show "postconf -n" rather than random main.cf
snippings; show contents of relevant lookup tables; show unmodified
non-verbose logs showing the unwanted behavior (mail addresses may
be redacted, but please don't alter anything else).

  -- Noel Jones