what exactly was unclear in "Please do not top post. google for top posting
if this isn't clear."?

(yes my post is also top-posting because the thread is still unreadable)

Am 18.05.2012 21:56, schrieb Alfonso Alejandro Reyes Jimenez:
> thanks, the configuration is now as you suggest. But I'm having the same
> issue:
>
> May 18 14:45:27 mail postfix/local[5656]: warning: maildir access problem for
> UID/GID=505/505: create maildir file
> /home/test/Maildir/tmp/1337370327.P5656.mail.mydomain.com: Permission denied
> May 18 14:45:27 mail postfix/local[5656]: warning: perhaps you need to create
> the maildirs in advance
> May 18 14:45:27 mail postfix/local[5656]: 1C10811D5D: to=<t...@mydomain.com>,
> orig_to=<r...@mydomian.com>,
> relay=local, delay=0.26, delays=0.05/0/0/0.21, dsn=5.2.0, status=bounced
> (maildir delivery failed: create maildir
> file /home/test/Maildir/tmp/1337370327.P5656.mail.mydomain.com: Permission
> denied)
> May 18 14:45:27 mail postfix/qmgr[5650]: 1C10811D5D: removed
>
> I added the line:
>
> mail_spool_directory = /var/spool/mail/
>
> and creates as you suggest the directorys:
>
> drwxr-xr-x  2 test     root      4096 May 18 14:43 test
>
> But it seems to keep looking for the home directory, what am I doing wrong??
> :(
>
> Regards.
>
> Alfonso.
>
> On 5/18/12 1:06 PM, mouss wrote:
>> Le 18/05/2012 19:25, Alfonso Alejandro Reyes Jimenez a écrit :
>>> Mouss.
>>>
>>> Here's the updated configuration, I didn't attached the correct one.
>> ah. so you have
>>
>> home_mailbox = Maildir/
>>
>> as
>>      http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#home_mailbox
>> says, "Optional pathname of a mailbox file relative to a local(8) user's
>> home directory." the user home directory must be exist.
>>
>> but that's not what you want. it seems you want something like
>>
>> mail_spool_directory = /var/spool/maildirs
>> (with a trailing slash), but you must create users directories in advance:
>>
>> mkdir /var/spool/maildirs/joe
>> chown joe /var/spool/maildirs/joe
>>
>> For more infos, see
>> http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#mail_spool_directory
>> http://www.postfix.org/local.8.html
>>

>> alternatively, use dovecot LDA to deliver mail. in this case, you will
>> only need to configure dovecot (and will help reduce the opprtunity of
>> mismatch between postfix and dovecot configurations).
>>      http://wiki2.dovecot.org/LDA/Postfix
>>

>>> [root@mail postfix]# postconf -n
>>> alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases
>>> alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases
>>> broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes
>>> command_directory = /usr/sbin
>>> config_directory = /etc/postfix
>>> daemon_directory = /usr/libexec/postfix
>>> debug_peer_level = 2
>>> disable_vrfy_command = yes
>>> home_mailbox = Maildir/
>>> html_directory = no
>>> inet_interfaces = all
>>> mail_owner = postfix
>>> mail_spool_directory = /var/spool/mail
>>> mailbox_size_limit = 524288000
>>> mailq_path = /usr/bin/mailq.postfix
>>> manpage_directory = /usr/share/man
>>> masquerade_domains = mydomain.com
>>> message_size_limit = 5242880
>>> mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain, localhost
>>> mydomain = mydomain.com
>>> myhostname = mydomain.com
>>> mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8, 10.1.8.27/32, 10.1.8.23/32, 172.16.18.101/32
>>> myorigin = ibossmonitor.com
>>> newaliases_path = /usr/bin/newaliases.postfix
>>> queue_directory = /var/spool/postfix
>>> readme_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix-2.3.3/README_FILES
>>> sample_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix-2.3.3/samples
>>> sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail.postfix
>>> setgid_group = postdrop
>>> smtp_generic_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/generic
>>> smtp_host_lookup = native,dns
>>> smtp_tls_note_starttls_offer = yes
>>> smtp_use_tls = yes
>>> smtpd_banner = $myhostname Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service ready
>>> smtpd_helo_required = yes
>>> smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks,
>>> permit_sasl_authenticated, reject_unauth_destination
>>> smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
>>> smtpd_sasl_path = inet:127.0.0.1:12345
>>> smtpd_sasl_security_options = noanonymous
>>> smtpd_sasl_type = dovecot
>>> smtpd_sender_login_maps = pcre:/etc/postfix/sender_login.pcre
>>> smtpd_sender_restrictions =
>>> reject_authenticated_sender_login_mismatch,check_client_access
>>> hash:/etc/postfix/client_access
>>> smtpd_tls_CAfile = /etc/postfix/cert/cacert.pem
>>> smtpd_tls_auth_only = yes
>>> smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/postfix/cert/smtpd.crt
>>> smtpd_tls_key_file = /etc/postfix/cert/smtpd.key
>>> smtpd_tls_loglevel = 1
>>> smtpd_tls_received_header = yes
>>> smtpd_tls_security_level = may
>>> smtpd_tls_session_cache_timeout = 3600s
>>> smtpd_use_tls = yes
>>> tls_random_source = dev:/dev/urandom
>>> transport_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/transport