Em 2012-05-31 14:22, webmas...@elaconta.com escreveu:
Em 2012-05-31 14:17, /dev/rob0 escreveu:
On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 02:01:22PM +0100,
  webmas...@elaconta.com wrote:
Anyway, since hundreds of mailboxes in our server are unable right
to to send emails to Hotmail, we need to find some alternative.
Relaying emails with an @hotmail.com destination through another
email server that isn't blocked seems to be the more plausible
alternative. So, i added the parameter to Postfix:

relayhost = [our.email.server]

Where our.email.server is our relay mails server address and
reloaded Postfix, but Postfix keeps sending email using the local
machine without trying to use the relay host. Am i missing
something. Is there any other parameter (other than relayhost
necessary for the server to relay emails to another server)?

Absent the logs I can only guess, but my best WAG here is that you
should look at "-r" in "man postsuper".

Ok it's working now, i had a transport in the transport maps that
overrided the relayhost, duh...
My bad, i am sorry, problem solved.

Luis Oliveira
Elaconta

To piggyback a little on my own question, i now have set up a relayhost specifically for any emails sent to the hotmail.com domain, in the transport maps:

hotmail.com     smtp:[my.email.relay.server]

It's working great.

I previously had hotmail.com assigned to a slow transport to only send one email to hotmail every five minutes in order not to tax Microsoft's poor email servers:

hotmail.com     slow:

Now i'm wondering, is there any way to combine both the transports? First, emails sent to @hotmail.com should be queued on the server (using the slow transport), only then sent to the relay host?

Luis Oliveira
Elaconta