Hi Folks,

I figure someone here might know....

There are a whole bunch of services for "emailing" large files - mainly by allowing one to upload the file, then sending an email to one's intended recipient that contains a download link (e.g., filemail.com). I also know of at least one list manager (sympa) that will do this for large file attachments (they call it "urlizing" the file). For that matter, tweet-a-file does the same thing for twitter.

But... for the life of me, I can't seem to find a server-side program that I can run to do this on our system. The basic use case:

- tweak our postfix configuration so that instead of rejecting large file attachments, it pipes them to a script that:
-- stores the file
-- generates a unique URL that points to the file
-- generates a password that goes with the URL
-- email the URL and password to the original recipient

I know that I've seen scripts like this in the past, but I've been drawing a blank in trying to track one down today.

Thanks for any pointers.

Miles Fidelman