I have a situation where email delivered to a single namespace needs to be
delivered to a user who could be in one of a number of downstream system
(but we don't know which one). I was wondering if I could use "Callback
Verification" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Callback_verification to achieve
this?

Ideally, I'd like to avoid the use of a look up table.

To recap, the mail flow would be as follows

(In the case where the user exists, send to the appropriate MTA)
-> u...@mail.org => Callback Verification on recipient -> MTA hosting
1.mail.org (miss, user does not exist in this namespace)

-> MTA hosting 2.mail.org (hit! deliver to u...@2.mail.org)

(In the case where the user does not exist, send an NDR)
-> u...@mail.org => Callback Verification on recipient -> MTA hosting
1.mail.org (miss, user does not exist in this namespace)

-> MTA hosting 2.mail.org (miss, send NDR)

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Adam

| Identity Concepts
| a: PO Box 451 Hamilton,
| Brisbane, QLD 4007, Australia
| m:+61 419 637 518
| e: adam_j_brad...@identityconcepts.com.au
| im: adam_j_brad...@hotmail.com
| skype: adam_j_bradley
| w:http://www.identityconcepts.com.au
| “I’d put my money on the sun and solar energy. What a source of power! I
hope we don’t have to wait till oil and coal run out before we tackle
that.” [ Thomas Alva Edison ]