After a recent Ubuntu server upgrade, the packaged versions of Postfix - using Ubuntu's "Precise" version, as well as the "security", "updates", and "backports" repositories - Postfix's TLS is broken with the known SSL version issue:

warning: TLS library problem: 4425:error:1408F10B:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:wrong version number:s3_pkt.c:340:

I've tried a couple different main.cf settings, including:
smtpd_tls_mandatory_protocols = !SSLv2, !SSLv3

but the only option that has given me temporary functionality is:
smtpd_tls_security_level=none

Is there a way I can restore TLS functionality via configuration? Or is an updated Postfix, possibly a self-compiled version, my only option?
--
Daniel