On 2012-07-03 Feel Zhou wrote:
> I got some messages when I install the software of amavis,Can you do me a
> favor
>
> fetch_modules: error loading optional module MIME/Decoder/BinHex.pm:
>   Can't locate Convert/BinHex.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
> /usr/local/lib64/perl5 /usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl
> /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5 /usr/share/perl5) at
> /usr/local/share/perl5/MIME/Decoder/BinHex.pm line 45.
>   BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
> /usr/local/share/perl5/MIME/Decoder/BinHex.pm line 45.
>   Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/sbin/amavisd line 205.
> Jul  3 16:42:53.683 ym.iopkl.com /usr/local/sbin/amavisd[2242]: logging
> initialized, log level 0, syslog: amavis.mail
> Jul  3 16:42:53.683 ym.iopkl.com /usr/local/sbin/amavisd[2242]: PID file
> /var/amavis/amavisd.pid is inaccessible: Permission denied
> PID file /var/amavis/amavisd.pid is inaccessible: Permission denied

It appears that you don't have the Convert::BinHex package installed,
and the account running the amavisd process does not have permission to
access the PID file. Install the missing package (however that's done
for whatever operating system you're using), and make sure that the
account used for running amavisd has proper permissions to access the
PID file (may be incorrect permissions on the file itself or on the
containing directory).

Regards
Ansgar Wiechers
--Joel Spolsky