Ori Bani:
> On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 5:27 AM, Noel Jones <njo...@megan.vbhcs.org> wrote:
> > On 8/14/2012 5:14 AM, Ori Bani wrote:
> >> I'm curious, if you have a smtpd service in master.cf that listens on
> >> an IP address, if it would be possible to restrict the recipient maps
> >> just to the recipients in the domain associated with that IP address
> >> (there are other smtpd services/domains/IP addresses on the same
> >> postfix instance).
> >
> > An excellent application for multiple instances.
> >
> >> Or can I override in master.cf
> >> with the right combination of settings?
> >
> > Possible, but for multiple personalities it will become an
>
> If possible, would someone kindly explain what overrides are needed to
> achieve this so I can gague the complexity I am willing to handle? It
> would be greatly appreciated.

The smtpd entry needs a rewrite_service_name override that directs
queries to its own trivial-rewrite daemon. These smtpd and
trivial-rewrite daemons need overrides for all the address class
parameters (see ADDRESS_CLASS_README.html). Depending on what you
do in the cleanup daemon, this smtpd entry may also need overrides
for cleanup_service to direct requests to its own cleanup daemon.
And depending on what you do in the queue manager, this cleanup
entry may need a queue_directory and queue_service_name overrides
to direct requests to its own queue manager with its own queue.  If
you want to bounce mail with the "right" MTA personality, then
everything including delivery agents needs overrides for bounce_service,
defer_service, and trace_service, and those need overrides to present
the "right" MTA personality.

> > unmaintainable mess.  Multiple instances are fairly painless with
> > recent postfix versions, and you will get a system far easier to use
> > and maintain going forward.
> > http://www.postfix.org/MULTI_INSTANCE_README.html

What the man says.