* Simon Brereton <simon.buongio...@gmail.com>:
> Hi
>
> I have a line like this in my logs:
> mail #554 5.7.1 <SPEXCH07.sp.com>: Helo command rejected: Host not found ##

~$ host SPEXCH07.sp.com
Host SPEXCH07.sp.com not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

> This is clearly because I have reject_invalid_helo_name in my main.cf

Yes.

> Unfortunately, the fools at steelpartners.com have decided it's quite
> okay to helo with sp.com (which actually resolves to Scottish Power).
> I'm reluctant to remove this as it stops about 25% of my spam
> attempts.  I thought about adding it to /etc/postfix/helo_checks but
> that is checked AFTER permit my networks, so it wouldn't do any good -
> right?

Nope. Or at least: I cannot tell for sure, since you never showed your
"postconf -n" output!

> If I added in a check_helo_access before reject_invalid_helo_name that
> would work, yes?

Yes.

> Or would it be better to turn that line into warn_if_reject?

That would disable it globally, but still clutter your log - not what you want.

--
Ralf Hildebrandt
  Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin