On Thu, Sep 06, 2012 at 05:24:33PM +0200, Denis Witt wrote:
> at the moment we're using "usermin" for Away messages (.forward and
> a perl script). This works fine for single user E-Mail-Addresses
> but for example our "info"-Address is sent (via /etc/aliases) to
> several users. If one or more of those users have set up an away
> message the sender will receive one or more replies.
>
> Can somebody recommend some kind of Vacation-Tool which allows to
> manage this situation properly? (And may be capable of removing the
> Away-Message at a given date automatically? ;)

I don't know if the problem is the tool. Consider using
recipient_delimiter and multiple .forward files as needed:

main.cf ::

# "+" is the defacto default, but if you plan to use these
# extensions externally, expect trouble. Stupid web software which
# was written by people who don't know that all printable characters
# are valid in address localparts will reject your + addresses.
recipient_delimiter = +

/etc/aliases ::

info:   user1+info@localhost, user2+info@localhost[, ... ]

Assuming HOME=/home/user1, in ~user1/.forward+info ::

/home/user1/path/to/maildir/for/info/mail/

Assuming HOME=/home/user2, in ~user2/.forward+info ::

/home/user2/path/to/maildir/for/info/mail/

These ~/.forward+info files will override any generic ~/.forward
files, so there will not be any vacation replies. You can sort the
mail directly into an IMAP subfolder to which the user can subscribe
in his/her IMAP client.