Hi Wietse,

On Thu, Sep 06, 2012 at 02:33:55PM -0400, Wietse Venema wrote:
> Naval saini:
> > Sep  6 16:37:48 r22 postfix/postscreen[3992]: warning: haproxy read: time
> > limit exceeded
> > Sep  6 16:46:51 r22 postfix/postscreen[5233]: warning: haproxy read: time
> > limit exceeded
> > Sep  6 16:50:49 r22 postfix/postscreen[5448]: warning: haproxy read: time
> > limit exceeded
> > Sep  6 17:02:18 r22 postfix/postscreen[5791]: warning: haproxy read: time
> > limit exceeded
>
> Your load balancer does not send connection information within the
> time limit (the default, "postscreen_upstream_proxy_timeout = 5s"
> should be sufficient).
>
> Perhaps the load balancer uses a different protocol than HAPROXY.
>
> You can use "tcpdump -s 0 -w /file/name" to record a failed session
> and see what protocol the load balancer actually uses.

That's something totally possible. Naval seems to be using latest haproxy
development snapshot. I think it would help if problem reports on the
postfix ML were done with "more reliable" haproxy code than latest devel
snapshot, and vice-versa.

My non-reg tests have shown that the PROXY protocol in this version seems
to work for me but this does not mean there is no bug. A tcpdump trace is
clearly needed.

Naval, if your trace shows there is no PROXY protocol in the connection,
please try again with 1.5-dev11 and bring the issue back on the haproxy ML.

Regards,
Willy