I have Postfix with smtp-auth, port 587, all works good

I'm having problems setting an iPhone with smtp-auth sending, hoping some
iPhone experts can point me in correct direction

on this iPhone, under SMTP, it has 'primary' SMTP server, correct host,
port 587, SSL;
under 'additional' there are ISP SMTPs (ADSL, cellular) servers, but, all
entries are disabled, only 'primary' is enabled

Emails are retrieved OK {same host as SMTP, IMAP, SSL)

When i tried sending, sending failed, got this error on iPhone:
'copy placed in outbox,sender rejected by server'

There is no apparent log entry at the SMTP server from this attempt;

Later, after iPhone device returned 'home' the outbox email got delivered
over WiFi/ISP's SMTP

So, it seems to me, there is another SMTP entry, of ISP, that takes
precedence??

again, under SMTP, only primary server is enabled (the one i'd like to
use), other SMTP servers are disabled, but, email was delivered via ADSL
ISP's smtp server to my Postfix server

Perplexed,
Voytek