On Oct 28, 2012, at 12.47, thorso...@lavabit.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I don't want to send emails directly from my server. (I'm going to
> connect from a client.)
>
> I have the following settings in "main.cf":
>
> mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8
> smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
> permit_sasl_authenticated,permit_mynetworks,reject_unauth_destination
>
> I guess that I should remove "permit_mynetworks", but what about
> "mynetworks"? Should I remove that line or it will be enough to use
> the following?
>
> mynetworks =

i'm a fan of not using mynetworks as well, and prefer to use
check_client_access for what mynetworks was traditionally used to accomplish.
to be thorough, you'd do both.  do keep in mind though that there are a number
of other parameters whose defaults reference mynetworks or permit_mynetworks.
this doesn't mean it can't be done, and it works fine for me, but you just need
to be aware that other adjustments may be necessary as well, depending on the
particulars of your setup.

-ben