On 10/29/2012 06:54 PM, Wietse Venema wrote:
Ram:
On 10/29/2012 05:28 PM, Wietse Venema wrote:
Ram:
I want to redirect all mails that expire after maximal_queue_lifetime
to a program that will parse these mails then send an appropriate error
Can I do this with postfix ?
That is not documented, therefore that is not implemented.

Postfix uses the same text for bounced mail as "too old" mail.
See: http://www.postfix.org/bounce.5.html

The problem is when the mail has been on my postfix relay server for 5
days and then the mail bounces back, postfix does not log for which
recipient the mail failed
Postfix logs the recipients when the last delivery attempt fails.
Shortly after the failure, Postfix returns the failed recipients
in the body of the returned message.  If you are the sender, then
Postfix will return that message to you.
The problem is this is just a relay server. I just need to show report of every mail that entered the system. If it were possible please consider if we can have an alternate delivery mechanism for expired messages

Thanks
Ram