On 2012-11-17 Jan Johansson wrote:
> Having mostly used Exim I am trying to sort out a few things with a
> postfix (2.8.5-2~build0.11.04  on Ubuntu)  install.
>
> Basically, I want a forwarding mechanism that can map
> us...@domainalpha.com<mailto:us...@domainalpha.com> to
> anotheru...@anotherdomain.com<mailto:anotheru...@anotherdomain.com>
> So, whats the easiest way to set this up? Manually handling flat files
> would be sufficient.

That's what $virtual_alias_maps [1] is for.

Add the following line to main.cf:

Create a file /etc/postfix/virtual with the mappings you need:

us...@domainalpha.com  anotheru...@anotherdomain.com

Run "postmap /etc/postfix/virtual" to create the hash database.

For further information see the VIRTUAL_README [2].

[1] http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#virtual_alias_maps
[2] http://www.postfix.org/VIRTUAL_README.html

Regards
Ansgar Wiechers
--
"All vulnerabilities deserve a public fear period prior to patches
becoming available."