On Mon, Dec 03, 2012 at 07:40:24PM +0100, Chris wrote:
> I've been asked to skip RBL checks for certain users on the domain.
> How can I do that without disabling the for everybody else?

If you're only using good, safe lists, you're only rejecting mail
which probably should be rejected. What is the goal?

This is not possible if you're using postscreen, which you did not
mention. In that case perhaps the best solution is to more carefully
choose the DNSBL services you are using. I can recommend both Zen and
Barracuda's BRBL as safe and effective for mainstream use. (To the
point: if you're using those and rejecting real mail, you can be
certain that you're not the only site they are unable to reach; the
sending site needs to fix the problems that caused the listing.)

http://www.spamhaus.org/zen/ and
http://www.barracudacentral.org/rbl

If you're using unsafe and aggressive lists in smtpd restrictions,
you can implement what you describe by means of restriction classes.
It's hard work and does not scale well. I have shown an example of
this in my Postfix/SQLite howto linked from the web address below.

Perhaps a better choice is to write a custom policy service, or to
tweak an existing one into doing what you need.

http://www.postfix.org/addon.html#policy