Toren Valone
(916) 657-8861

Ask me about File Generation 2.0, click and send files feature!

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-postfix-us...@postfix.org
[mailto:owner-postfix-us...@postfix.org] On Behalf Of Wietse Venema
Sent: Friday, December 14, 2012 3:00 PM
To: Postfix users
Subject: Re: Problem: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in
virtual mailbox table

> virtual_mailbox_domains =
> proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_domains.cf

1) What is a domain name that you have problems with?
[Valone, Toren W.]  cross-town-traffic-software.com
2) What is the output of:

    postmap -q mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_domains.cf domainname
[Valone, Toren W.] postmap: fatal: open database
cross-town-traffic-softwarecom.db: No such file or directory

Where domainname is an answer to question 1) ?

> virtual_mailbox_maps =
> proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_mailboxes.cf

3) What is the output from:

    postmap -q mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_mailboxes.cf
username@domainname
[Valone, Toren W.]
Postmap: fatal: open database x...@cross-town-traffic-software.com.db"
No such file or directory

Where domainname is the answer from 1), and username is a user that is
rejected as "user unknown in virtual mailbox table"?

You may anonymize the username so that spammers won't pick it up.