It seems from my limited testing that with the content_filter option of:

content_filter=amavisfeed:[127.0.0.1]:10024

I don't need an iptables rule for port 10024, as there is no firewall blocking of localhost connection to ports.

As long as I don't do something stupid like:

content_filter=amavisfeed:myserver.com:10024

which would route the connection through the server's IP address rather than localhost.

Same with the 10025 injection back into postfix from the content filter.

Just no reason to open up 10024 & 10025.

Have I got this correct?