On 02/04/2013 03:41 PM, Stan Hoeppner wrote:

And from there I became aware that I probably don't have SMTPS (port
465) configured properly.  Actually at first I did not even have it set
up!  So I reread the readme:
Do you need SMTPS?  If so, for what?

I'm guessing you are blindly assuming you should have it because some
online mail server tester tests for it and told you yours wasn't
working.  Correct?

Well the online tester made me aware of it, and some of my clients are stuck with Outlook Express, thus my interest in it.

The online tester is rather 'dumb' as it does not consider that starttls is available as well. Of course that means all of the POP clients are properly configured to use it for sending mail and thus not expose their identities.

I've been using Postfix for ~8 years and I've never used SMTPS, simply
because I've never needed it.  Only enable/configure what you need, no more.

I have to look some more at what I currently have and what my few OE users are doing.