On Tue, 26 Feb 2013 17:16:20 +0200
Jamie articulated:

> On 2013/02/26 4:59 PM, Deeztek.com Support wrote:
> > in your /etc/hosts file if you were to change it to the actual
> > servername.domain.tld of your server, then the log should report
> > the actual server name vs. localhost.localdomain. I would unblock
> > the IP address and see if the same thing happens and this time look
> > for suspicious processes in your box.
> I unblocked the IP and the problem came back.
> > Is you outbound traffic on your firewall filtered or is everything
> > allowed outbound?
> Everything is allowed outbound.
> > Also maybe look at the type of traffic going back and forth with
> > that suspicious IP to hopefully determine what's going on (snort?).
> > This doesn't seem like a postfix issue any longer.
> Thanks for your help. I will look at it further, but I am pretty
> certain that our machine isn't compromised.

Jamie, I realize that sometimes debugging can be a stressful job. If
you would read the documentation at
<http://www.postfix.org/DEBUG_README.html>, specifically the section
located at <http://www.postfix.org/DEBUG_README.html#mail> and follow
the directions, it would save you a lot of work. Better yet, provide
output from the postfinger tool. This can be found at
http://ftp.wl0.org/SOURCES/postfinger. Post the complete, unmungled
results here and the Postfix gurus can give you the assistance you
need. The idea that you are "pretty > certain that our machine isn't
compromised" is certainly not comforting at all. If you are not
positive, then you have a problem.