/dev/rob0 opined on Wednesday 06-Mar-2013@17:26:02
> On Wed, Mar 06, 2013 at 11:52:35AM -0700, LuKreme wrote:
>> The bad word begins with u and then is followed by n, s, u, b, an
>> archaic word meaning a person who is employed in writing, and then
>> a final d.
>>
>> u, n, s, u, b,
>> scribe
>
> Cute. :)
>
>> I [bad word] from a mailing list but the company continues to send
>> emails, so I was considering adding them to my header_checks.pcre
>> file
>>
>> /^Received:.*cinemark\.com /
>>     REJECT You refuse to respect [badword-d] requests, welcome to
>>     the blacklist.
>>
>> But I thought, before I do this, I better double check that this is
>> the best way to do this.
>
> Almost surely not. You probably want a check_client_access
> restriction to reject all mail from that[those] IP address[es]. Even
> a check_sender_access would be better.

I have no way of knowing all the IPs, they use some remailer service, and I don
not want to block the remailer because they are not the problem.

> A good rule of thumb: never do something in the message content if
> you can accomplish the same thing with the envelope. Another one:
> header_checks(5) are rarely useful.

I find the date checks useful (to reject messages with future/past dates).

--
There's a race of men that don't fit in, A race that can't stay still So
they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will.