In our previous episode (Thursday, 11-Apr-2013), Reindl Harald said:
> i can not imagine that this file is created by the postfix
> of which you posted the ld-output because it is not linked
> against it

I assure you it is. This is exactly why I am puzzled, though Sahil may have
provided the answer (see below)

I built postfix with:

make -f Makefile.init makefiles 'CCARGS=-DHAS_MYSQL -DUSE_TLS -DUSE_SASL_AUTH
-DUSE_CYRUS_SASL  -I/usr/local/include/mysql -I/usr/local/include/sasl'
'AUXLIBS=-L/usr/local/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient -lz -lm -lssl -lcrypto
-L/usr/local/lib -lsasl2'

# postconf -m
btree
cidr
environ
hash
internal
mysql
pcre
proxy
regexp
static
tcp
texthash
unix

In our previous episode (Thursday, 11-Apr-2013), Sahil Tandon said:
> As documented, Postfix uses the default Berkeley DB version that ships
> with your system, which I am assuming is FreeBSD.

Yes, FreeBSD VeryOld-stable.

Then which of the libdb.so files on the system is postfix using?

# locate libdb.so
/usr/local/lib/db42/libdb.so
/usr/local/lib/db44/libdb.so
/usr/local/lib/db48/libdb.so

I can recompile linking against the db48 version, as I assume that is the best
choice.

--
'And I promise you this,' he [Carrot] shouted, 'if we succeed, no-one
will remember. And if we fail, no one will forget!'