----- Original Nachricht ----
Von:     Viktor Dukhovni <postfix-us...@dukhovni.org>
An:      postfix-users@postfix.org
Datum:   17.04.2013 17:40
Betreff: Re: Routing Control of locally generated bounces in Postfix

> On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 12:11:52PM +0200, nullnullachtfuenfz...@arcor.de
> wrote:
>
> > my Question is: Is it possible to implement routing control of
> > locally generated bounces in Postfix - WITHOUT impact to remotely
> > generated bounces?
> > And in case it is: How can this be accomplished?
>
> What problem are you trying to solve (what is your actual end-goal)?

The scenario is: 2 private organistations in 2 networks (let´s name them A and
B), each with its own DNS servers serving the same tld and completely
independent from each other.
Not all of the DNS servers allow zone transfers to extract all MX records and
build upon that information full-fledged transport tables.
All mail between the 2 organisations is routed through our Postfix.

The Postfix server has a multi instance setup.
One instance receives only mail from senders in network A for recipients in
network B and relays all mail to a relayhost which uses DNS servers located in
network B.
The other instance receives only mail from senders in network B for recipients
in network A.
The Postfix uses DNS servers located in network A.

The problem happens with mail sent from network B to network A and locally
generated bounces.
Because the postfix host uses DNS servers located in network A and the lack of
some MX records in network B to build full-fledged transport tables of domains
in network B, some bounces can not be delivered.
Log file analysis could identify the missing MX records in network B but would
be a long lasting process and at least the first bounce can not be delivered.
I tried sender_dependent_relayhost_maps, but because it works on the envelope
sender address, locally generated bounces to recipients in network B and
remotely in network B generated bounces to recipients in network A are treated
the same way.
If sender_dependent_relayhost_maps would also examine the From header it would
be the perfect solution to this problem.

> What is "routing control"?

I meant different routing for locally generated bounces.

Peter