On 18/04/2013 19:05, Wietse Venema wrote:
Dan Clovis:
Apr 18 15:44:06 companycoServer1 postfix/local[15179]: 5F6A214EE1B4: to=<
d...@companycouk.com>, orig_to=<d...@ccpop.itco.co>, relay=local, delay=0.35,
delays=0.29/0/0/0.06, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (delivered to command:
procmail -a "$EXTENSION")
Wietse:
If the address rewriting from d...@ccpop.itco.co to d...@companycouk.com
is now what you want, then do not specify such a mapping in
virtual_alias_maps.
   myorigin = /etc/mailname
   virtual_alias_maps = proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_forwardings.cf,
        mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_email2email.cf

With virtual_alias_maps queries, be sure to return user@domain as the
result value, not a bare username. Otherwise, Postfix will append the
myorigin value.
Dan Clovis:
I followed the howto to install - I'm guessing it would have worked if I
left it as default.  But the only changes I made was to add an
additional field for username, so that usernames could be independent of
emails (as per customer requirements)...  I wonder if this has broken
something between Dovecot and Postfix...  Any further assistance would
be greatly appreciated...
See http://www.postfix.org/DATABASE_README.html

First implement the database with hash: files. Then test with
"postmap -q" all the queries that are described in the virtual(5)
manpage, and don't proceed unless that looks right.

Then, implement the database with mysql: files. Your job now is to
get the same same query results the queries that you got with hash:
files.

If you don't know what the queries and replies should look like,
then you need help there, first. Maybe someone else on the list
has time to walk you through the steps.

        Wietse
Ave Maria!

Wietse - can I do both emails and usernames with different values... If that works - then I shall proceed...

God Bless