On 29 May 2013 20:05, Jeroen Geilman <jer...@adaptr.nl> wrote:
> On 05/29/2013 11:26 AM, Simon B wrote:

>>> At the very least run "postfix reload", or even "stop/start" perhaps
>>> master.cf does not match run-time reality.  You can also briefly
>>> run "cleanup -v" to see what cleanup is doing with rewriting and what
>>> flags it receives from smtpd.
>
>> Okay, so now this is really odd.  I had previously issued postfix
>> reload, but for safety, I now issued the stop/start after adding -v to
>> cleanup.  No extra detail in the logs and the alias is still not
>> expanded.
>>
>> That's not right, surely?
>

> Indeed, that is not right; cleanup -v produces /dozens/ of log lines for a
> single message.
> Make sure you're editing the right configuration.
> Replace the -v with something invalid, like -@, and reload.
> If that does not complain, you're not editing the right config.

That's what I thought.  I did your suggestion and postfix did not
complain.  Not doing postfix stop/start or even /etc/init.d/postfix
start/stop..

So, now I'm stumped.  There are other master.cf on the system, but I'm
pretty sure it's not using any of them..

mail:~# locate master.cf
/etc/postfix/.master.cf.swp
/etc/postfix/master.cf
/usr/lib/postfix/master.cf
/usr/share/postfix/master.cf.dist
/usr/src/postfix-2.7.1/conf/master.cf
/usr/src/postfix-2.7.1/libexec/master.cf

I even tried explicitly starting with the -c option to force it to the
directory with a -@  and it doesn't complain..

Any other advice would be appreciated.

Simon