On 2013-05-31 7:46 AM, Charles Marcus <cmar...@media-brokers.com> wrote:
On 2013-05-22 1:45 PM, Quanah Gibson-Mount <qua...@zimbra.com> wrote:
I would read the CHANGES file shipped with OpenSSL. They didn't document the changes between 1.0.1d and 1.0.1e, but you can see the changes between 1.0.1c and 1.0.1d.

I read them, but nothing jumped out at me (didn't see anything significant warranting a charge of 'serious problems')...

The gentoo version of 1.0.1c currently applies the following patches (not sure if these names will mean anything to anyone here or not):

1.0.0a-ldflags.patch #327421
1.0.0d-fbsd-amd64.patch #363089
1.0.0d-windres.patch #373743
1.0.0h-pkg-config.patch
1.0.1-parallel-build.patch
1.0.1-x32.patch
1.0.1-ipv6.patch

So... any specific pointers to links describing these supposed '*serious* problems' inherent to openssl 1.0.1c?

If this is true, it shouldn't be all that difficult to provide such (and the burden of proof is on the claimant, no?)...

--

Best regards,

Charles