* Wietse Venema <wie...@porcupine.org> [2013-05-31 22:57]:
> After the confusion that Postfix 2.10 is not Postfix 2.1, maybe it
> is time to change the release numbering scheme.

Okay, perhaps this is a European view, but I never confused Postfix
2.1 with 2.10. Perhaps because here it would be 2,1 and 2,10 if they
were real numbers? Nevertheless I'm under the impression that most
people know that version numbers are not "real" numbers.

Also I don't like the whole "major version" inflation done by most
other products today.

I would suggest:

2.10.0
2.10.1 <- Bugfixes
2.11.0 <- New feature(s)
2.11.1 <- Bugfixes
3.0.0 <- MAJOR changes

Fix things in the point releases, add new features in the minor number
releases. Change to 3.x for major changes which are not backwards
compatible.

Regards

Sebastian

--
GPG Key: 0x93A0B9CE (F4F6 B1A3 866B 26E9 450A  9D82 58A2 D94A 93A0 B9CE)
            -- Terry Pratchett, The Fifth Elephant