On 2013-06-07 2:56 AM, Jan Kohnert <nospam001-li...@jankoh.mooo.com> wrote:
Am Donnerstag, 6. Juni 2013, 20:06:48 schrieb Michael Orlitzky:
Postfix 2.10 on Gentoo adds the safety net, but the package manager
won't automatically clobber files under /etc. You're supposed to run a
tool (etc-update) afterwards to merge any changes. I'm guessing that's
what got skipped here.
well, I'm running Gentoo for nearly ten years now, and I know etc-update. I
just missed that change while merging the config files.

There definitely was no safty net in master.cf, but I have added lots of
config stuff at the end of main.cf, so if the safety net was put at the end of
that file by the Gentoo folks, the merge would probably have removed it, since
I wanted my changes to stay. :)

Actually, I've been running gentoo for a long time too and I also got bit by this. I'm not perfect, but I am always very careful about running etc-update, and I swear I did not see this modification.

--

Best regards,

Charles