On 07/01/2013 08:15 PM, Jeroen Geilman wrote:
On 07/01/2013 08:09 PM, Daniel L. Miller wrote:
On 6/28/2013 4:34 PM, Noel Jones wrote:
On 6/28/2013 5:39 PM, Daniel L. Miller wrote:
Does anyone know of a tool that will let me modify the subject line
of all emails that pass through it?  I would call it via a transport
map.

My application - we just switched to a new email-to-fax service.  As
part of their security implementation (THEIRS, not mine!) they
require all emails sent to them to contain our own fax number.  I
want to automate this step so I don't have to hear from my users.

http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#smtp_header_checks

Add this to master.cf something like this:
(or if you already use a custom master.cf transport, add the -o
override to that entry)

# master.cf
# fax_service is a copy of the smtp...smtp transport
fax_service ... smtp
   -o smtp_header_checks=pcre:/etc/postfix/smtp_fax_header

# smtp_fax_header
/^Subject: / REPLACE Subject: fax from 555-1212

That ALMOST works - thanks! The problem - I have to have SOMETHING in the subject otherwise it doesn't happen with this matching rule. Is it possible to ADD a Subject: header when none is present?

Again, in header_checks:

! /^Subject:/ Subject: This message had no subject so I'm adding one.

Oops - would that add a Subject header for every header that isn't Subject ?

--
J.