On Aug 5, 2013, at 07:12, Yishen Miao <mys72...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to re-use my SSL certificate for Apache on postfix which is
> encrypted. It would be convent if postfix can support that.
>
> Also, an encrypted private key that is read-only for root sounds more secure
> than a plain one in the worse problem scenarios. :-p

Do not top-post, please.

As for the certificate, I assume that you are talking about a private
key with a password? Have a look at the OpenSSL documentation, there's
probably a way to export/convert your password-protected private key to
one that does not require a password to be entered.

Also, 'sounds more secure' is pretty much the only benefit you would
get from Postfix support for such private keys. Because if someone can
read your private key, they have root privileges, and they could just
replace your certificate completely. In other words, it only sounds
more secure, but isn't in practice.

Mvg,
Joni