On 8/14/2013 5:23 AM, Grant wrote:
> A few people have told me they received an email error message after
> emailing me.  I'm trying to get a copy of one of the error emails,
> but I can't imagine what would cause that besides possibly my
> greylisting.  Has greylisting been known to lead to email error
> messages being sent to senders in some instances?

The sender may receive an error if their server has an unusual
setup. Such servers must be whitelisted in your greylist software.

Of course, there are a number of other errors the sender might get
that have nothing to do with greylisting.

You really need to see the error before you start trying to fix things.

One place to start is search your mail log for errors relating to
the sender's email address and/or their server.

> How is greylisting set up in postfix now?  I know I used to use
> postgrey but then I remember some sort of change.  I can see that I
> have postgrey installed but the service is not running.  I checked
> main.cf <http://main.cf> and master.cf <http://master.cf> but I
> can't figure out how it's implemented now.

Postfix has no "default" greylist, and there are several that are in
widespread use.  Look in your "postconf -n" for a
check_policy_service entry, then find that service in master.cf. Or
some folks use a milter defined in smtpd_milters for greylisting.

If you need more help, you'll need to provide "postconf -n" output,
master.cf contents, and any associated log entries.

  -- Noel Jones