>On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 04:22:50PM -0500, lcon...@go2france.com wrote:
>> postconf mail_version
>> mail_version = 2.3.3
>>

>> uname -a
>> Linux .....  2.6.18-128.2.1.el5 #1 SMP Wed Jul 8 11:54:47 EDT 2009
>> x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>>
>> got an "access denied" for an IP that is in a /20 postconf confirms
>> is in mynetworks
>
>If by peer_debug in the Subject header, you are referring to the
>debug_peer_list parameter, that's generally most useful for looking
>for bugs in Postfix itself. Since you are using a version which was
>EOL four years ago, there is no point in looking for bugs.
>
>Perhaps you'd do better here by describing the problem and goal,
>showing your "postconf -n" and relevant NON-verbose logs for one mail
>which wasn't handled as you expected.
>
>If your smtpd(8) instance has any -o option overrides, you must show
>those as well. Pro tip: any smtpd or other daemon definition with -o
>overrides should also include a " -o syslog_name=postfix/foo" where
>"foo" is something relevant to what this instance does.
>
>"Access denied" means a "reject" restriction or access(5) lookup
>result was encountered. There are of course 52.001 gazillion reasons
>which could cause this.
>
>Good luck. I suggest you review this before posting again:

>http://www.postfix.org/DEBUG_README.html#mail

ok, ok, been doing this postfix stuff for 10+ years, it's simpler than full
debug_readme:

smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
 check_client_access hash:/etc/postfix/mta_clients_black.map,
 check_client_access hash:/etc/postfix/webmail_client.class,
 check_helo_access pcre:/etc/postfix/4tuple_main_unfiltered.pcre,
 reject_unauth_pipelining,
 reject_unknown_sender_domain,
 reject_unknown_recipient_domain,
 permit_mynetworks,
 permit_sasl_authenticated,
 reject

the IPs with "Access denied" probably  from the final "reject" after
"permit_sasl_authenticated" are:

NOT matching before mynetworks and

are all in the mynetworks as members of 3 /20s,

so they should have not been denied access.

debug shows only match_hostname for "smtpd_client_event_limit_exceptions", but
not for peer debugging.

thanks,
Len