Greetings,

I run a mail server for my company with Ubuntu 10.04 LTS and postfix 2.7.0-1ubuntu0.2 and all my users use Thunderbird ESR. We have a customer running Symantec Messaging Gateway and it converts attachments of our messages with *special chars* to "randombogusfilename.dat" (_not_ winmail.dat!). Their support directed me to this Symantec KB which, in short, says "it's not our fault", even though they are the only destination where I have noticed this:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH192394

Has anyone experienced this or know what's this about and how to fix/workaround this? Searched Google but no luck.

Best regards.

--
*Marcio Merlone*
TI - Administrador de redes