Is there any downside to using reject_unauth_destination? I had it commented
out but I did not have a note on why it was disabled. Reading the description,
it seems like it should always be turned on (or at least that it couldn't
possibly hurt)?

<http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#reject_unauth_destination>

Is it even going to trigger with Postscreen in place?

(for now I've stuck  warn_if_ in front of it)

my smtpd_*_restrictions (mail_version = 2.10.0)

smtpd_data_restrictions = reject_unauth_pipelining,
reject_multi_recipient_bounce, permit

smtpd_helo_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, reject_invalid_helo_hostname,
reject_non_fqdn_helo_hostname, permit

smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, permit_sasl_authenticated,
reject_non_fqdn_sender, reject_non_fqdn_recipient,
reject_unknown_sender_domain, reject_invalid_hostname,
warn_if_reject_unauth_destination, reject_unlisted_recipient,
reject_unlisted_sender, reject_unknown_reverse_client_hostname,
check_client_access hash:$config_directory/access, permit

smtpd_relay_restrictions = permit_mynetworks permit_sasl_authenticated
reject_unauth_destination

Can I just go with

smtpd_recipient_restrictions = reject_unauth_destination,permit
smtpd_relay_restrictions =

and in master.cf
submission inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd
    -o smtpd_tls_security_level=encrypt -o smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=yes
    -o smtpd_sasl_type=dovecot -o smtpd_sasl_path=private/auth
    -o smtpd_sasl_security_options=noanonymous
    -o smtpd_sasl_local_domain=$myhostname
    -o syslog_name=submit-tls

?

and is client_restrictions the best choice for submission? I've see some confs
have both

  -o smtpd_data_restrictions=permit_sasl_authenticated,reject

Why?

--
This wasn't a proper land. The sky was blue, not flaming with all the
colours of the aurora. And time was passing. To a creature not born