On Sun, Sep 01, 2013 at 03:02:36PM -0400, Bruce Markey wrote:

> I'm hoping someone on here can maybe point me in the right direction.
>
> I'm trying to simply pipe all incoming email to a perl script that
> then dumps back to postfix to deliver.  Pipes in by STDIN and  then
> hands it back via STDOUT.
>
> This is the script.
> https://grepular.com/Automatically_Encrypting_all_Incoming_Email
>
> I've read this http://www.postfix.org/FILTER_README.html about 50
> times so far.
>
> I tried the simple filter and that didn't work. Well it did but I
> realized it expected the script to then deliver the message.

This is a mistaken impression.  The script typically re-injects the
mail into Postfix via the sendmail(1) command.  Make sure to not
pass the "-t" option and to safely pass the envelope recipients
on the sendmail(1) command-line.

A better architecture is to embed your Perl code into a transparent
SMTP proxy.

--
        Viktor.